We value your privacy. The following is our policy regarding what personal information we collect on this website, what we do with it, and how you can protect yourself.
This site is owned by the Center for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership of Marin (Center), a non-profit organization in San Rafael, California. The site is hosted by Non Profit Easy, a San Rafael, CA based company that does not have any rights the data we collect and is compensated for the sole purpose of licenisng their software.
We understand and share your concerns about privacy; as a result we've put this page together in order to communicate to you exactly how and why we collect personal information from this web site, and what it is used for. We also provide clear instructions on how to exercise the option to not have your personal information shared if you so desire (opting-out).
What information does the Center collect?
The Center collects the following information from this website:
- When you send an email from our web site or call our offices, we will ask for information such as your name, address, organization, phone number and e-mail address.
- We may also ask for information about your nonprofit management or program-related objectives, your volunteer recruitment needs, or the reasons why you are contacting us.
- If you are interested in volunteering as an individual, we may ask you about your experience and background.
- If you are seeking a staff position, we may also inquire about your interest and experience.
- If you are interested in supporting or sponsoring our activities, we may ask you about the nature of your interest and your level of commitment.
How is the information used?
We use information about organizations, businesses, and individuals only to serve the needs of constituent organizations and the individual volunteers who seeks placement opportunities. This includes helping us assess your situation so we can offer better services or to provide you with seminars, workshops, newsletters, or other information. For potential employees, we keep your professional information on file depending on our staffing needs.
Is the information shared?
The Center may share your information with third parties for the purposes of volunteer placement and matching. Your information may also be shared with members of our staff in order to better assist you. We do not sell or rent this information for any purpose. We regret that we do not and cannot take responsibility for misuse of this information by our partner organizations. Please be sure to read the Privacy Policies of each organization before you register, sign-up, or call.
Do you track site usage?
Yes. The Center tracks the movement of our visitors through our site through a variety of means. These include:
- Reports based on links visited
- Reports based on source of entrance to the site domain
- Reports based on search engines and search terms used to find our site
- Reports based on amount of time spent viewing specific sections/pages of the site
Please note however that we do not track the movement of individual users. This is because the software we use does not allow for the personal identification of individual users. That is, individuals remain anonymous when visiting until they choose to provide personally identifying information via email, sign up form, or other means. If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us.
Protection for Children
As is consistent with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), the Center does not knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting parental consent first.